Thomas Dority TMB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) statement on the appointment of Richard Parker as our first Chief Diversity Officer (CDO):
“After much reflection and discussion with individuals both inside and outside TMB, I have proposed, and the TMB Board of Directors has approved, the creation of the position of Chief Diversity Officer. This position will report directly to me and will focus on the following broad mandates:
• Help shape and sustain an inclusive and equitable culture as a member of our Executive Leadership Team.
• Develop strategies to attract and retain diverse talent including from non-traditional pathways to our Industry.
• Develop and advocate to the CEO and Board of Directors for advancement opportunities and a Senior Leadership and Executive Team that is both more diverse and therefore more effective.
• Communicate internally and externally the TMB message that we value and promote diversity as a foundational strength of the Company.
• Provide training across TMB that emphasizes the strength of our diversity to achieve more and become better human beings.
• Support TMB actions achieving our vision to establish and maintain an inclusive, fair and equitable culture.
Our moto at TMB is Commitment. Excellence. Integrity. Adding an executive-level position that will focus on reinforcing diversity as a fundamental strength of our Company as it is of our Nation, will help us live up to those high standards. We are extremely fortunate that we already have the right individual within TMB to take on this tremendous challenge. Over the past two days I have discussed both the broad outlines and the challenges of this position with Mr. Richard Parker and he has accepted the challenge. Therefore, beginning on July 1st, 2020, Richard will become our first Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and I look forward to helping him achieve the goals and objectives of this critical position. Richard and I will continue to refine the specifics of the job but he will have my full support and the full support of the Board of Directors to fulfill the broad mandates listed above.”