Warfare Systems Certification (WSC) Jr. Program Analyst – 13196
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Desired experience or qualifications for applicants include:
As required by the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV), the contractor shall provide Engineering Support Services to execute the Naval Warfare Systems Certification Policy (NWSCP) (NAVSEAINST 9410.2A) and support the development and deployment of warfare systems throughout the life cycle of approximately 150 U.S. Navy Surface Ships in accordance with Warfare Systems Certification Standard Operating Policy (SOP) Revision “B”. This includes providing annual support for the assessment of warfare systems in approximately 75 Navy Surface Ships through approximately 111 Warfare Systems Certification (WSCERT) Events (Warfare Systems Installation Authorizations (WSIA) and Warfare Systems Certification Decisions (WSCD)) in order to provide COMUSFLTFORCOM and COMPACFLT with Warfare Systems Certification Plans, early assessments of risk and characterization of maturity and readiness to support Risk Assessments for ships in new construction after sail-away and post shakedown availabilities and certification decisions to support the subject ship(s) throughout deployment. In support of NAVSEA-05H Certification
Leads, these requirements entail:
- Maintenance of the WSCERT Master Events Schedule (WSCEMS).
- Development WSCERT Certification Event and Meeting Agendas and Reports, as required.
- Development WSCERT Metrics Briefings and Item Tracking Reports, as required.
- Development of WSIA/WSCD Data-Calls in preparation for WSCERT Events.
- Development of Panel Briefings, Naval Messages and Executive Summary Briefings for each WSCERT Event (i.e., WSIA, WSCD).
- Development of Memoranda for the Record (MFA) for each WSCERT Certification Event decision.
- Maintenance of Information Binders for each WSIA and WSCD Event.
- Supporting development of and data gathering for WSIA and WSCD Baseline Configuration Data-Calls, as required, throughout the year.
- Developing and providing technical inputs to WSIA Warfare Systems Baseline configuration issues, as required.
- Maintenance of Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) Checklists for each WSCERT WSIA/WSCD Event.
- Development and providing technical inputs to WSCERT Templates, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and WSCERT governing Policy Guidance, as required.
- Development and providing technical inputs to C5IMP Metrics, eCCB Risk Forms, TCD Waiver Requests, A-O Messages, and Ship Change Documents (SCD), as required.
- BA/BS 1+ years of experience supporting the DoD
- Navy/Military experience desired, but not necessary.
- Highly motivated individual capable of working independently and/or in teams with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Significant organizational skills with an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook.
- Current DoD SECRET clearance is required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.