Junior Engineer – 13240
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
The Junior Engineer will provide direct, on-site support to a Navy program office.
- Review and track contract modifications and contract funds received.
- Participate in the planning for system installations, system integration, systems engineering and testing events in support of the sale or transfer of systems to Allied navies.
- Provide technical inputs to the program office for the translation of operational requirements to design parameters documented in system and interface specifications for program documentation including engineering specifications.
- Conducts regular ship visits to ensure proper installation/configuration of system components.
- Provides logistical support to ensure all documentation needed to start and finish installs is in place.
- Provides any additional engineering and programmatic support requested from the program office.
- Responsible for consolidating and editing monthly report.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree (Engineering Technology) strongly preferred.
- Must have a current DOD Secret clearance.
- Marine Engineering a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have 2+ years of related experience.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.