IWS 2.0 U.S. Navy Radar Engineer – 13194
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Desired experience or qualifications for applicants include:
TMB is seeking qualified persons to provide general engineering support to the PEO IWS 2.0 Sensor (Radar, Electronic Warfare, and Directed Energy) Technical Directors (TDs) and Chief Engineers (CHENGs) to include both support of technical oversight of all IWS 2.0 system development and sustainment and execution of system engineering processes. IWS 2.0 TDs and CHENGs lead efforts enumerated below. Support staff are expected to contribute in the execution of each of these efforts.
- Technical Requirements: Oversight of system technical performance requirements. Recommendations of top level performance requirements
- Coordinate with product Principal Assistant Product Managers (PAPMs) and System Engineers (SEs) to support execution of SE processes. This includes:
- Review and recommendations for program Task Planning Sheets (TPS)
- Support of System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) and providing technical expertise during SETR walkups.
- Review and concurrence of SEPs and SETR TRAPs
- Concurrence for element certification
- Providing oversight for physical and logical integration of sensors into the platform and Combat System (CS) respectively
- Risk Management: coordinate with project System Engineers to execute risk management
- System Engineering Process: Ensure a rigorous SE processes are established to ensure design, implementation, and test are within cost and schedule constraints
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to ensure sensors are in alignment with the SoS solutions.
- Strategic Planning: Sensor roadmaps, coordination of POM submissions, alignment of acquisition and S&T efforts
The candidate must have the following:
- Maintain an Active Secret Clearance / meet eligibility for U.S. Security clearance (Secret)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Defense Systems Analysis
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience, particularly in the areas of systems analysis, engineering, and design.
- Must be comfortable working independently, learn quickly, and have an interest in naval platforms and systems.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time-all travel is scheduled well in advance.
- Experience providing analytic support to the Navy.
- Must have an understanding and execution of DoD 5000 documentation requirements and ACAT-ID reporting requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of the process leading to Milestone and Gate Reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, provide high quality services and products, while meeting strict deadlines and time constraints
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Maintain an Active Top Secret / SCI Clearance
- Familiarity with AEGIS combat systems strongly preferred
- Familiarity with SSDS combat systems strongly preferred
- DAWIA System Engineering Level 2 Certification
- Familiarity with UML, SysML, other modeling tools
- Understanding of current DOD Cybersecurity guidelines
- Must have a solid understanding of balancing programmatic/technical considerations
- Willing to travel regularly to Moorestown NJ, Marlborough MA, and Dahlgren VA
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.