Financial Analyst – 13259
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will provide support to a Navy program office as a Business Financial Management Analyst.
- Assist in the preparation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) funding documents including ZSPS PRs for complex contracts.
- Attend program reviews, financial reviews and applicable meetings where budget/financial expertise is required and submit trip reports following applicable meetings.
- Assist in researching and preparing responses to financial drills to NAVSEA Comptroller, Resource Sponsors, Financial Management and Budget (FMB) and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Draft spreadsheets, reports, and conduct analysis for short and long-range budget requirements, including spend plan management and funds control tracking.
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial execution status reports, depicting a “total program picture” of the financial health of IWS 8.0 and provide timely and effective support for major reviews including Mid-Year Review.
- Prepare ledger reports, ledger tracking, maintenance and support of ERP or any other official accounting program tracking systems for all appropriations represented in program office (Other Procurement Navy-OPN, Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Navy-RDT&EN, Operations and Maintenance Navy-O&MN, and Ship Conversion Navy-SCN).
- Construct contract modifications to include Statements of Work (SOW) and financial breakouts and verify and validate all Procurement Requests (PR) by preparing them in accordance with the IWS 8.0 spend plan and incorporate any new requirements therein.
- Track commitments, obligations and expenditures to ensure Contractors and field activities are meeting periodic targets and develop cost incurred reports for all funds executed by IWS 8.0 to accomplish of program office efforts. Contractor shall also identify expiring funding, recoup available funds and obtain copies of pertinent documents.
- Collect, analyze and recommend prioritization of unfunded requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience with DOD BFM; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- An active DOD Secret security clearance is required.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.