Executive Assistant – 13302
Location: Washington, D.C.
Description: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to a U.S. Navy program office.
- Perform various administrative duties in support of U.S. Navy Flag Officers and SES personnel.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk including monitoring the logbook and issuing visitor badges.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Know what to do in order to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective way.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, shipping, and mailing.
- Ensure the entrance area is always neat and presentable.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to all facilities and guest inquiries.
- Assist facilities and security personnel efforts to provide client meeting location and services support.
- Additional duties and responsibilities per guidance provided by management.
- At least 10 years of related work experience supporting Navy programs.
- Significant experience with administrative responsibilities adhering to the Navy’s Correspondence Manual, use of Defense Travel System (or similar), and Microsoft Office Products.
- Significant experience communicating with and working for Flag Officers and SES personnel.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one-way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a laptop, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.