Contracts Director – 13219
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Tech-Marine Business Inc. (TMB) is an Employee-Owned Small Business founded in 1997 and located in Washington, DC. Commitment to our customers’ missions; Excellence in everything we do; Integrity in all our relationships – these are the principles which govern who we are and what we do. TMB has grown to a robust small business by providing quality Professional and Engineering Support Services to Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Offices and affiliated Program Executive Offices (PEO) and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). We are looking for an experienced Contracts Director who can assist in our future growth.
Reporting directly to the TMB Chief Executive Officer (CEO), responsible for the management and operations of the corporate Contracts Department. Through the management of up to six professionals, specific duties include:
- Reviewing and signing all contracts and mods both prime and sub.
- Signing all Teaming Agreements after review and approval of the CEO.
- Maintaining all required Government Contracts databases such as SAM and Seaport.
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal Regulations including ITAR and NIST.
- Serve as the TMB OCI Officer and ensure OCI compliance/mitigation.
- Track and report on all Government Furnished Property (GFE and GFI).
- Ensures issuance of all 75% letters and brief the CEO on all at risk situations.
- Establishment and maintenance of uniform electronic contract file structure.
- Liaison with Government Contracting Officers.
- Manage information flow regarding all Company contract engagements with TMB Management.
- Responsible for submission of all Limitation on Subcontracting (51/49) reports to the Government.
- Responsible for the cost/pricing portion including cost narratives of all proposals.
- Participate in Capture and teaming discussions and lead TMB Price to Win analysis.
- Maintain situational awareness of all pricing and expiration dates on submitted proposals.
- Manage and modify the Company’s DCMA approved Purchasing System.
- BA/BS Degree required with advanced degree desired.
- DOD Secret clearance required.
- Must have at least 15 years demonstrated experience supporting and administering Government contracts and subcontracts in the Navy Services marketplace.
- Hands-on experience in the NAVSEA and Seaport environments highly desirable.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and be a member of the National Contract management Association (NMCA).
- Must be expert in the various acquisition approaches to include full and open competition, cost plus and fixed price contracts, Government Wide Agency Contracts (GWAC) and blanket purchase agreements, and be able to formulate the appropriate documentation for the various approaches.
- Must have demonstrated experience in all life cycle phases of contracting, including the pre-award phase of contracting (acquisition planning, solicitation, source selection and award), and post award contract administration, as well as contract problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Must have demonstrated experience in Bid and Proposal (B&P) activities including contract pricing, the analysis of contract pricing data for best value, and the ability to respond quickly and effectively to short turn-around requests.
- Must be expert in Government automated procurement systems required to execute the duties of the Contracts Director within the Navy preferably NAVSEA services marketplace
- Must be highly proficient in the MS Office Suite as well as attentive to detail.
- Must demonstrate advanced written and oral communication skills and be capable of interacting with the most senior levels of customer and other company organizations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.