Contracts Administrator – 13277
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full-Time Exempt
Description: The Contracts Administrator will perform contract administration functions to include negotiating, drafting, overseeing the implementation of, and ensuring compliance with all types of government and industry contracts. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, working both independently and as an important member of the Contracts team. This candidate will report directly to the Director of Contracts and will work collaboratively with the Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Program Controllers, Accounting, and others within Corporate Operations Team.
- Review and analyze contract modifications for both prime and sub contracts. Make recommendations to the Contracts Director for signature or return modifications with requests for changes.
- Prepare, issue and negotiate all contract documents for subcontractors including Requests for Quotes, Subcontract Agreements and Task Orders and Modifications.
- Ensure all Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) clauses are flowed down to our subcontractors.
- Liaise with Prime Contractors, Subcontractors and Government customers regarding any funding requirements and issues.
- Manage all contract related reporting requirements to the Government or prime contractors (e.g., eCMRA, Limitation on Subcontracting (51/49), Limitation of Funds Notifications, pricing requests).
- Maintain all contract files within the established file structure.
- Establish and maintain UNANET project profiles for assigned contracts, including assigning new project codes, processing project update forms and project assignments.
- Participate in internal and external Contract Kick-off meetings.
- Provide support to the Contracts Director in gathering data for cost proposal development and completing cost narratives.
- Update and maintain Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) contract briefs.
- Maintain the ability to independently perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Maintain and develop in team members the knowledge of acquisition policies and procedures.
- Lead analysis and development of Service Contracting Tripwire documentation for new contract awards and for Other Direct Costs in accordance with NAVSEA Service Contracting Tripwires Policy.
- Develop data for presentation at Program Reviews and Financial Reviews.
- Lead efforts to provide recommended Courses of Action based on analysis of data presented at Program Reviews and Financial Reviews.
- Assist Program Controllers (PC) as needed with Proformas, invoice reviews, pricing and Estimate to Complete (ETC) requests, monthly financial reports, budgets/forecasts, etc.
- Prepare proforma and budgets for any Division 2 subcontracts until a PC is in place.
- Provide advice to Contracts Director and CFO in contract closeout administration and deliver oversight to the contract closeout process.
- Review and analyze contracts for cradle-to-grave closeout actions for both prime and subcontracts.
- Respond to internal and external questions related to closeout activities.
- Administratively resolves over/under runs, funding requirements and related closeout needs.
- Prepare internal closeout packages to include final voucher, forms, closeout statements and all other certifications/requirements for review and signature.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5-15 years of experience in a government contracting and finance environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and ability to apply critical thinking and analysis skills to assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to interface Senior and Executive level personnel and customers.
- Familiarity with Deltek GCS Premier and UNANET accounting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel.
- Ability to work with geographically separated programs and people and in a fast-paced and professional environment with tight deadlines.
- Familiarity of CAAS, GAAP, FAR, DFARs, and JTR.
- Familiarity with Cost-Type, Time and Material, and Firm Fixed Price type agreements.
- Eligibility to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.