Combat Systems Engineer – 13271
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Engineer will provide engineering support to a Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) acquisition program as an AEGIS Combat System Engineer.
- Provide overall technical program support of AEGIS FMS software development and integration to the combat system.
- Coordinate technical programmatic elements with Foreign-country Liaison Officers.
- Provide support in the areas of strategic software development, maintenance, and acceptance strategies.
- Maintain control of the overall baseline and system engineering for the combat system.
- Support the development and analysis of technical documentation, schedules, and action items.
- Interface with other NAVSEA PEOs, PARM, ATR, and field activities.
- Conduct technical analyses of products to determine their capabilities and limitations.
- Prepare for international meetings and forums, PARM reviews, and technical reviews of TPSs.
- Manage the technical planning and execution of FMS software development programs in accordance with DOD and USN policy.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical or program management roles supporting the Aegis Combat System or another naval combat system.
- At least 1 year of FMS experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend production drawings.
- Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable; connectors and back shells; and system design, integration and integrity testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, System, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering; Math; Physics; Computer Science; or equivalent degree.
- Must have an active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software applications.
- Technical adeptness and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS 25 percent of the time.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.