Business Development Director
Location: Washington, DC
Tech-Marine Business Inc. (TMB) is an Employee-Owned Small Business founded in 1997 and located in Washington, DC. Commitment to our customers’ missions; Excellence in everything we do; Integrity in all our relationships – these are the principles which govern who we are and what we do. TMB has grown to a robust small business by providing quality Professional and Engineering Support Services to Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Offices and affiliated Program Executive Offices (PEO) and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director who can assist in our transition from small to mid-market company over the next five years.
Reporting directly to the TMB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the NAVSEA, NAVAIR and/or SPAWAR marketplace and a firm understanding of all assigned program offices along with mission solution requirements and challenges. The candidate will:
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align both with current TMB business areas and new Navy Commands, organizations and programs.
- Develop detailed capture plans for qualified opportunities and work with assigned Line Managers in the pursuit and capture of opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify objectives, priorities and requirements and to position TMB as an innovative Industry leader.
- Develop and maintain strong Industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in current and target markets.
- Assist with the development and review of proposals. Be an active participant in all proposal cost and technical reviews.
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Participate at trade shows and conferences to represent TMB and increase our profile within the broader Navy services marketplace.
- Provide business development input to the TMB Strategic Plan as directed by the CEO.
Required Skills and Education
- BA/BS Degree required with advanced degree desired.
- Must possess at least 10 years of demonstrated Business Development Management experience within the Navy services marketplace.
- Must have demonstrated capture experience and proposal wins based on individual and collaborative efforts.
- Must possess at least a DoD SECRET Clearance.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently but who must be able to collaborate across the Company to achieve target capture.
- Confidentiality and company loyalty are a must.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and organizational skills.
- Good writing, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.