Business Analyst – 13258
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will provide support to a Navy program office as an Earned Value Management and Scheduling Analyst.
- Provide over-arching program management, schedule and earned value support to major NAVSEA shipbuilding programs.
- Daily communication with the customer to obtain updates and prioritizing of team tasking.
- Provide insightful/value added analysis of cost and schedule data.
- Provide analysis of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) deliverables including but not limited to critical path analysis, IMS health assessments, vertical and horizontal integration alignments and logic analysis.
- Determine the critical path of supported programs based on schedule progress and established task dependencies.
- Interact with TMB staff, as well as technical and government leads for ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings, Quarterly Program Reviews, Risk meetings and other meetings as required.
- Attend and support Integrated Baseline Reviews as required.
- Generate spreadsheets and graphics to enhance report, analyzing cost variances, schedule variances and baseline changes.
- Responsible for quality assurance and change management tracking of all Schedule & EVM related deliverables.
- Familiarity with the Work Breakdown Structure and the MIL-STD-881.
- Develop and maintain cost & schedule artifacts and other program documentation related to deliverables to the customer and to TMB Leadership as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a DOD Secret or Interim Secret security clearance.
- 3+ years direct experience with Microsoft Project and/or Project Server in the role as a lead scheduler.
- Familiarity with Project Management Best Practices and the overall lifecycle of a project.
- Direct experience as a scheduler on a project with an Earned Value Management requirement.
- Familiarity with key Earned Value Management methodologies and metrics.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in determining the Critical Path and performing schedule status updates.
- Familiarly and understanding of GAO Scheduling Standards & DCMA Scheduling Guidelines.
- Familiarity with DoD Contracting environment.
- Direct recent experience running DCMA 14-point schedule assessments.
- Direct recent experience running Schedule Risk Assessments.
- 5+ years of experience with the MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Visio, and SharePoint).
- Basic understanding of the cost estimating process (ROMs, LCCEs, IGCE’s, etc.) in how it relates to Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) development.
- Familiarity with the Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) deliverable.
- PMI-Scheduling Professional (SP) certification preferred.
- Experience with Steelray, Oracle Primavera P6, Deltek Open Plan, Deltek Winsight, and macros within Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Direct recent experience as a scheduler in an Agile Framework (with or without an EVM mandate) preferred.
- Experience as a Microsoft Project Server Administrator preferred.
- Previous attendance at and participation in Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) preferred.
- Experience writing an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Narrative for a government client preferred.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.