Business Analyst – 13248
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will support a Navy Program Management Office (PMO) with responsibility for an Acquisition Category (ACAT) I program as a mid-level Financial and Contracts Analyst.
- Provide support to the Director, Business Operations on the development, update, and revision of contract Statements of Work (SOWs) and program acquisition plans.
- Prepare and update Task Planning Sheets (TPS); assist with financial and contracts related daily data calls; conduct follow-up with all funding, ensuring that execution actions are posted correctly in different databases including Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and prepare/draft mid-year justification sheets.
- Review and evaluate budget requests throughout the various cycles of the DOD Planning Programming Budget and Execution (PPBE) process; develop Program Objective Memorandum (POM) documents and Department of the Navy Budget Exhibits.
- Must have a basic understanding of financial management policies and regulations including but not limited to; Financial Management Regulation (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and the DOD Acquisition System (DOD 5000 series) directive.
- Interact frequently with Navy and civilian personnel
- 3+ years of experience in DOD Business Financial Management (BFM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a current DOD Secret clearance.
- Understanding of financial management policies and regulations including but not limited to; Financial Management Regulation (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and the DOD Acquisition System (DOD 5000 series) directive.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one-way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.