Business Analyst – 13244
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will provide support to a Navy program office as a Business Financial Management (BFM) Analyst.
- Attend program reviews, financial reviews and applicable meetings where budget/financial expertise is required and submit trip reports following applicable meetings.
- Assist in researching and preparing responses to financial drills to NAVSEA Comptroller, Resource Sponsors, Financial Management and Budget (FMB) and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Draft spreadsheets, reports, and conduct analysis for short and long-range budget requirements, including spend plan management and funds control tracking.
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial execution status reports, depicting a “total program picture” of the financial health of the program and provide timely and effective support for major reviews including Mid-Year Review.
- Track commitments, obligations and expenditures to ensure Contractors and field activities are meeting periodic targets and develop cost-incurred reports for all funds executed by the program office to accomplish of program office efforts.
- Identify expiring funding, recoup available funds, and obtain copies of pertinent documents.
- Collect, analyze, and recommend prioritization of unfunded requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in DOD Business Financial Management (BFM).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a current DOD Secret clearance.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.