Business Analyst – 13137
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Desired experience or qualifications for applicants include:
The candidate will:
- Provide financial management and analysis support to PMS377.
- Prepare/process and track funding documents in Navy ERP. Prepare Funds Allocations Forms.
- Update, reconcile and analyze monthly shipbuilding financial execution reports utilizing various ERP reports. Manage the Planned Amounts in ERP. Brief status to LHA Lead BFM identifying issues and providing recommendations.
- Prepare and submit Obligation Phasing Plans (OPPs) and spend plans. Monitor against OSD benchmarks.
- Support program business planning effort by reviewing Task Planning Sheets (TPS), assisting with the affordability analysis and maintaining the current business plan.
- Provide budget development support for multiple appropriations. (SCN, RDTEN, OMN)
- Assist in generating responses to financial data calls from various organizations such as NAVSEA comptroller, NAVSEA PEO SHIPS CFO, Resource Sponsors, DASN and OSD.
- Prepare financial slides for various briefs to include Congressional Staffer Briefs, SCN Shipbuilding Briefs and Milestone Briefs.
Required experience or qualifications for applicants include:
- Experience with all Microsoft Office applications – Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Current Secret DoD Security Clearance (required)
- Experience with SCN and RDTEN funding (preferred)
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management (desired)
- Experience with Navy Funds Management Systems including ERP, PBISweb, COBRA, and EDA (desired)
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Minimum of 5-15 years’ directly related experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.