Budget Analyst – 13255
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: Provide support to the PEO IWS CFO for the Manager’s Internal Control Program.
- Attend program reviews, audit reviews, financial reviews and applicable meetings where program knowledge and budget/financial expertise is required and submit analysis and status reports following applicable meetings.
- Assist in researching and preparing responses to program status and financial drills to PEO IWS CFO, Chief of Staff, Senior Executive Service (SES), PEO IWS Admiral, NAVSEA Comptroller, Resource Sponsors, Financial Management and Budget (FMB) and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Draft spreadsheets, reports, and conduct analysis for short and long-range audit readiness, program status and budget requirements, including PEO IWS, NAVSEA, DOD controls and spend plan management and funds control, execution and status tracking.
- Provide periodic status reports, depicting a “total program picture” of the audit readiness capabilities and financial health of PEO IWS and provide timely and effective support for major reviews including Manager’s Internal Control Program (MICP) and supporting initiatives, Spares Funding Reviews and Mid-Year Reviews.
- Track PEO IWS audit readiness progress as well as commitments, obligations and expenditures to ensure PEO IWS Systems are meeting periodic targets and develop execution status reports for all funds executed by PEO IWS to accomplish program office efforts. Contractor shall also identify expiring funding, opportunities to recoup available funds and obtain copies of pertinent documents.
- Collect, analyze and recommend prioritization of requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience with DOD BFM.
- A current DoD SECRET clearance is required.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.