Accounting Specialist – 13306
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Description: The Accounting Specialist will support the Finance and Accounting Department, Contracts Department, Division General Managers (DGM), Program/Project Managers (PM), Program Controllers (PC), and other company employees.
- Maintain access to the bank’s check depositing system, and deposit check(s) received into TMB bank account on day check received.
- Create final cash receipt backup PDF documents, including deposit records and customer ACH advices as appropriate, and process cash receipts in the accounting system.
- Review accounts receivable reports, as requested, identifying outstanding invoices past payment terms. Coordinate with F&A Director to request payment status.
- Review all employee expense reports, ensuring accuracy with Joint Travel Regulation and TMB policy and procedures, receipts for all costs are provided, and appropriate backup for per diem overages is included.
- Serve as primary POC for employees for all expense report entry and allowability questions.
- Assist in responding to all expense payment and cash receipt related questions from internal and external customers.
- Complete semi-monthly direct labor to external payroll calcs tracking sheet reconciliation, coordinating with F&A Director and CFO to resolve any discrepancies.
- Gather invoice backup as required to support voucher entry. Coordinate with Infrastructure, HR, and company employees, as necessary, to obtain required backup if not previously provided.
- Process vouchers in the accounting system.
- Assist with check/ACH process as required.
- Maintain asset tracking and depreciation spreadsheet, coordinating with Facilities, and complete and enter depreciation calculations on monthly basis into the accounting system.
- Coordinate with Project Controllers to obtain subcontractor FTE numbers for service center allocations.
- Gather recurring and adjusting journal entry backup and enter in on a monthly basis in the accounting system.
- Create GL Schedules for asset and liability accounts on monthly basis, analyzing for and documenting any changes needed. Create backup for corrections and coordinate with F&A Director, and CFO as necessary, prior to entry in accounting system.
- Create and initially complete bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and submit to F&A Director for review.
- Create the Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC) and Covenant Compliance Certificate (CCC) for the bank Line of Credit (LOC) reporting
- Assist with other monthly close activities, as required.
- Process 1096/1099s for all vendors requiring one.
- Ensure a W9 and ACH form is received for all vendors.
- Establish and maintain Unanet project profiles, including, but not limited to, creating new project codes, processing project update forms and project assignments, and entry of fixed price billing items. Information may be submitted by Contracts Department, CFO, F&A Director, or Project Controllers.
- Act as backup POC for processing all indirect material, indirect services and direct material purchases, by creating sole source justifications, quote evaluations, purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring all necessary approvals, as required, are obtained, making approved purchases, receiving material deliveries, obtaining packing slip and distributing materials to requester, maintaining accurate and complete purchasing files throughout each phase of the process.
- Create and maintain comprehensive cookbooks that accurately detail, through descriptions and screen shots, step by step instructions for all processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-5 years of directly related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Eligibility to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance as required by leadership.
- Excellent MS Office software suite skills, particularly related to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a laptop, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.