Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Senior Business Analyst will provide support to a Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Office as a BFM Support Lead.
- Manage a three-person team providing direct support to the program office’s Budget Finance Management (BFM) Division.
- Attend program reviews, financial reviews and applicable meetings where budget/financial expertise is required.
- Assist in the preparation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) funding documents including ZSPS PRs for complex contracts.
- Assist in researching and preparing responses to financial drills to NAVSEA Comptroller, Resource Sponsors, Financial Management and Budget (FMB) and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Assist government client in the preparation of budget submits for OMN, OPN, and RDTEN budgets and subsequent briefs.
- Review expenditure and obligation histories and conduct trend analysis for deviations/variances, provide justifications for deviations/variances and reports/information in various formats (paragraphs, spreadsheets, presentations, graphs, etc) orally or written and assist with gathering current and out year financial requirements.
- Interface with HQ personnel, field activities, and contractors to collect, assess, analyze, interpret and collate POM and budget data and justification to support budget submissions.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial execution status reports, depicting a “total program picture” of the financial health of PMS415 and provide timely and effective support for major reviews including Mid-Year Review.
- Review ledger reports, utilizing ERP or any other official accounting program tracking systems for all appropriations represented in PMS415 (Other Procurement Navy-OPN, Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Navy-RDT&EN, Operations and Maintenance Navy-O&MN, Weapons Procurement Navy-WPN and Ship Conversion Navy-SCN).
- Lead Task Planning Sheet effort and serve as NEPS lead for Program Office.
- Assist financial support analysts in the creation of contract modifications to include Statements of Work (SOW) and financial breakouts and verify and validate all Procurement Requests (PR) to ensure they align with the PMS415 spend plan and incorporate any new requirements therein.
- Supervise financial support analysts as they track commitments, obligations and expenditures to ensure Contractors and field activities are meeting periodic targets and develop cost incurred reports for all funds executed by PMS415 to accomplish of program office efforts.
- 5+ years of experience with DOD BFM in Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- In-depth knowledge of the DOD PPBE process.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have an active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
- Working knowledge / ability with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Office applications.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.