Junior Engineer – 13269
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Junior Engineer will provide support to the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Team Submarine Program Office Support as an Engineering Analyst.
- Participate in system installations and testing events at hardware contractor or Government facilities.
- Provide shipboard integration support and develop program specifications.
- Provide technical inputs to the program office for the translation of operational requirements to design parameters documented in system and interface specifications for Undersea Defensive Systems.
- Prepare program documentation including engineering specifications.
- Interact with the fleet during the planning and installation phases of the system, which includes preparing for installs and crew training including classroom and at-sea training.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering or technical field.
- 1-5 years of experience in technical roles supporting the U.S. Navy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.