Junior Engineer – 13235
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Junior Engineer will provide technical program support for the various Navy FMS acquisition program offices.
- Support the development and analysis of technical review artifacts, technical documentation, schedules, and action items.
- Comment on PEO documentation in preparation for International Meetings and Forums, PARM Reviews, technical review of TPSs and high level working papers.
- Support the SI&T Manager in technical execution and planning of FMS programs in accordance with DOD and USN policy
- Assist in planning for system installations, system integration, systems engineering and testing events in support of the sale or transfer of systems to Allied navies.
- Assist in providing technical inputs to the program office for the translation of operational requirements to design parameters documented in system and interface specifications for program documentation including engineering specifications.
- Participate in efforts necessary to develop the ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings; drafting of meeting minutes and action items; and tracking the status of completion of action items.
- Undertake actions to improve FMS process and procedures knowledge.
- Interface with other PEOs, PARM, ATR and field activities.
- Conduct technical analysis of products to determine their capabilities and limitations.
- Evaluate design and readiness reviews and support program management reviews, CS engineering and technical working group meetings.
- Develop and review of systems engineering technical documentation.
- Support the development and analysis of technical documentation, schedules, and action items.
- Preparation for international meetings and forums, PARM reviews, and technical review of TPSs.
- Technical execution and planning of FMS software development programs in accordance with DOD and USN policy.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field.
- 1-2 years’ experience required.
- Must have a current DOD Secret clearance.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.