Administrative Assistant – 13287
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The headquarters Administrative Analyst will be the first point of contact for our company, providing support across the organization.
- Assist the CEO and President/COO with various administrative and business management requirements including maintenance of the Senior Management Business Calendar, related action item tracking, status reporting and tracking, and drafting executive correspondence and presentations.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk including monitoring the logbook and issuing visitor badges.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Know what to do in order to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective way.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, shipping, and mailing.
- Ensure the entrance area is always neat and presentable.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to all facilities and guest inquiries.
- Assist facilities and security personnel efforts to provide client meeting location and services support.
- Additional duties and responsibilities per guidance provided by management.
- 4-6 years of active duty U.S. Military Service serving in an administrative or executive assistant position. U.S. Navy experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to flourish in a multi-tasking environment and to complete work assignments with little oversight.
- Excellent MS Office software suite skills, particularly related to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a laptop, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.