Location: Washington, D.C.
Description: The Security and Emergency Planning Specialist will provide support to a U.S. Navy program office.
- Develop, implement, and manage security practices in compliance with DOD/DON/NAVSEA security rules, regulations, practices, directives, and instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15 years of related professional work experience.
- 15 years of experience with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DOD/DON/NAVSEA security rules, regulations, practices, directives, and instructions.
- 5 years of directly related work experience with DOD/DON/NAVSEA Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) and emergency management planning plans, processes, policies, rules, and regulations and the development and implementation of COOP plans and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience in implementing and managing security practices in compliance with DOD/DON/NAVSEA security rules, regulations, practices, directives, and instruction including security containers, Open SECRET Storage Space, SIPRnet reading room, handling classified materials, personnel security requirements, Security Classification Guides (SCGs), and all industrial and Information Security (INFOSEC).
- Experience in providing and managing Operations Security (OPSEC)-related training.
- Knowledge of Personal Identifiable Information (PII)-related DOD/DON/NAVSEA rules, regulations, practices, directives and instructions, and a minimum of 5 years work experience of managing PII compliance.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one-way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.