Location: Washington, D.C.
Description: The Science and Technology Senior Adviser will provide advisory support to a U.S. Navy program office.
- Provide advisory expertise to Navy Ships programs for the identification, development, and transition of science and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15 years of related professional work experience.
- 10 years of directly related experience with U.S. Navy Ships; ship design, acquisition, operation, and support; and science and technology identification, development, and transition to Navy programs.
- Extensive knowledge of naval architecture, marine engineering, and ship acquisition and operations to identify, develop, and transition science and technology needs into ship programs or that support ship programs.
- Extensive experience and established relationships within the Navy organization, particularly the science and technology organization and expertise with DOD and Navy venues (criteria and use) necessary to support science and technology needs (identification, technology development, integration and fielding – the transition process).
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one-way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a laptop, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.