Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will provide support to a Navy program office as a Master Scheduler and EVM Analyst.
- Provide overarching program management, schedule, and earned value support to major NAVSEA shipbuilding programs.
- Daily communication with the customer to obtain updates and prioritizing of team tasking.
- Provide insightful/value-added analysis of cost and schedule data.
- Provide analyses of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) deliverables, including but not limited to critical path analyses, IMS health assessments, vertical and horizontal integration alignments, and logic analyses.
- Determine the critical path of supported programs based on schedule progress and established task dependencies.
- Interact with TMB staff, technical leads, and government leads for ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings, quarterly program reviews, risk meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attend and support Integrated Baseline Reviews as required.
- Generate spreadsheets and graphics to enhance reports analyzing cost variances, schedule variances, and baseline changes.
- Responsible for quality assurance and change management tracking of all schedule- and EVM-related deliverables.
- Develop and maintain cost and schedule artifacts and other program documentation related to deliverables to the customer and to TMB leadership as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience using Microsoft Project and/or Project Server as a lead scheduler.
- Familiarity with the Work Breakdown Structure and the MIL-STD-881.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software highly preferred.
- Familiarity with project management best practices and the overall lifecycle of a project.
- Direct experience as a scheduler on a project with an earned value management requirement.
- Familiarity with key earned value management methodologies and metrics.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in determining the critical Path and performing schedule status updates.
- Familiarly and understanding of GAO Scheduling Standards & DCMA Scheduling Guidelines.
- Familiarity with DOD Contracting environment.
- Direct, recent experience running DCMA 14-point schedule assessments.
- Direct, recent experience running schedule risk assessments.
- At least 5 years of experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint.
- Basic understanding of the cost estimating process (ROMs, LCCEs, IGCEs, etc.) in how it relates to Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) development.
- Familiarity with the IPMR deliverable (Integrated Program Management Report).
- PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional) certification is a plus but not required.
- Experience using Steelray or similar software preferred.
- Experience using Deltek Open Plan scheduling software preferred.
- Experience using macros in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience as a Microsoft Project Server Administrator preferred.
- Experience attending and participating in Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) preferred.
- Experience writing an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) narrative for a government client preferred.
- Experience using Deltek Winsight preferred.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a laptop, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.