Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Description: The Finance and Accounting Director will perform duties to include processing all day-to-day accounting activities, managing the financial performance of contracts, and ensuring all transactions conform with federal, state and local regulations. The Finance and Accounting Director will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO); will work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Contracts Director, and senior line management; and will be responsible for supervising, training and mentoring a team of financial and accounting analysts.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Journal Entry functions.
- Review and post deposits, voucher, and journal entry actions entered by an accounting specialist.
- Process expense costs and revenue postings.
- Responsible for overall TMB invoicing process, coordinating with the program controllers (PCs) to ensure all invoices are generated, processed and submitted to customers.
- Assist with monthly and year-end close procedures, as directed by CFO.
- Manage and monitor monthly indirect spending, including creating and reviewing the Statement of Indirects against budget.
- Prepare financial data and projections as requested by CEO or CFO to include in budget development and reviews.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial packages.
- Maintain and update internal proformas.
- Assist PCs as needed with proformas, invoice reviews, pricing and estimate to complete (ETC) requests, monthly financial reports, budgets/forecasts, etc.
- Liaise with Contracts Department regarding limitation of fund notifications.
- Liaise with Contracts Department regarding subcontractor/independent consultant (IC) funding requirements.
- Participate in internal contract kick-off meetings.
- Oversee program controllers and an accounting specialist and provide necessary training.
- Review and analyze unbilled amounts.
- Establish and maintain UNANET project profiles for assigned contracts, including assigning new project codes, processing project update forms, and project assignments.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations, deobligations and contract close-out analysis for completed contracts/contract years.
- Coordinates with the CFO and Contracts Department regarding over/under runs, funding requirements and related actions for contract closeouts.
- Maintain all F&A files within the established file structure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred.
- 8-10 years technical experience in Department of Defense, contracting, finance, and accounting environment.
- Familiarity with Deltek GCS Premier and UNANET accounting systems.
- Familiarity with Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
- Experience supervising and training subordinate employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and ability to apply critical thinking and analysis skills to assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to interface with Senior and Executive level personnel, vendors and employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Ability to work with geographically separated programs and people and in a fast-paced and professional environment with tight deadlines.
- Familiarity of CAAS, GAAP, FAR, DFARs, and JTR.
- Familiarity with Cost-Type, Time and Material, and Firm Fixed Price type agreements.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.