Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: Provide support to Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program (PMS 326).
- Establish and maintain a streamlined process for NAVSEA personnel travel. May create and maintain limited database functions utilizing Access or similar database and report query tools.
- Communicate Foreign Travel Guide regulations specific to the countries being traveled to so that NAVSEA personnel can prepare proper training, approvals, and paperwork needed.
- Maintain records of travel and expenses incurred; recommend travel policy changes. Organize hard copy and/or electronic files, correspondence, records and reports.
- Develop briefings and assist with database development for tracking of acquisition, financial, technical and/or contracting items.
- Interact frequently with Navy and civilian personnel and must have outstanding verbal communications skills.
- Schedule appointments in support of Government customer and arrange travel reservations and accommodations.
- Prepare reports, as requested, gathering and summarizing data.
- Maintain and improve proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-5 years of experience supporting the U.S. Navy in foreign military sales.
- Proficiency in database use.
- Must have the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.