Location: Dahlgren, VA
Type: Full Time Exempt
Desired experience or qualifications for applicants include:
The Enterprise Air Surveillance Radar (EASR) Radar Engineer will support the EASR Lead Radar Engineer at NSWC Dahlgren in the execution of the following:
- Development and execution of System Engineering Plan (SEP)
- Operational and Combat System Requirements Analysis
- Development and documentation of Radar System Level Specifications to include System Level Performance Requirements, Platform Integration Requirements, and Combat System Interface Requirements.
- Review and analysis of potential Radar System Architectures against allocated system level requirements
- Coordinate with product Principal Assistant Program Managers (PAPMs) and System Engineers to support execution of System Engineering (SE) processes. This includes:
- Review and recommendations for program Task Planning Sheets (TPS)
- Planning and execution of System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) and associated SETR walkups.
- Planning and execution of element certification
- Provide oversight for physical and logical integration of sensors into the platform and Combat System (CS) respectively
- Risk Management: implementation and execution of system level risk management
- System Engineering Process: Ensure rigorous SE processes are established to ensure design, implementation, and test are within cost and schedule constraints
- Coordinate with external stakeholders (IWS, OPNAV, NAVAIR, OSD) to ensure sensors are in alignment with the System of System solutions.
- Maintain an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.