Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time Exempt
Desired experience or qualifications for applicants include:
Provides technical and administrative support pertaining to the development, maintenance, evaluation, and improvement of processes, systems, and documentation. Conducts research and analysis of program requirements, procedures, performance, schedule, and risks. Coordinates project documentation and maintains technical libraries in a web-enabled environment for inter connectivity and data sharing. Ensures developed systems, policies, and procedures across operational objectives meet program requirements. Participates in technical studies, design meetings and activities, program reviews, and conferences. Develops and reviews briefing materials, technical manuals and publications, and process documentation.
The primary role of the individual will be to provide BFM support in NAVSEA 05H. The candidate should have experience with NAVSEA financial policies & procedures and support the planning, execution, and reconciliation of Program funds. This includes providing appropriation financial planning and analysis, and financial execution and reconciliation efforts. This is a very high-speed and fast-moving position.
Other duties include:
- Assisting in budget execution to include generation of funding documents for all appropriations and maintenance of relevant financial systems including Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP).
- Track commitments, obligations, and expenditures with ERP to ensure performers are meeting periodic targets.
- Prepare and manage Task Planning Sheets
- Develop, execute, and maintain spend plans.
- Interfacing with personnel, field activities, contractors and other NAVSEA, PEO and PARM managers.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and analyze multiple financial and programmatic data calls. Ensure timely and accurate submission of a vast array of data and sources.
- Assist with the preparation of financial presentations as directed.
- Associate’s Degree (Desired)
- Required to have at least 1 year of experience in providing financial management support to Navy programs.
- ERP experience to include Purchase Request preparation and budget reconciliation a SIGNIFICANT advantage.
- Must understand planning and budgeting procedures.
- Significant organizational skills with an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have ability to collaborate with team members, multitask, and adapt to change.
- Must have a professional image, proactive approach and commitment to achieve individual, team and company goals are also positive attributes.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook.
- Current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to walk reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
- Must be a US citizen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.