Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description:The Engineer will provide Combat System Engineering Support to a Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) acquisition program.
- Provide overall technical program support of FMS software development and integration to the combat system.
- Coordinate technical information with Foreign Country Liaison Officers.
- Provide software development, maintenance, and acceptance strategies.
- Control of the overall baseline and system engineering for the combat system.
- Support the development and analysis of technical documentation, schedules, and action items.
- Interface with other PEOs, PARM, ATR, and field activities.
- Conduct technical analyses of products to determine their capabilities and limitations.
- Prepare for international meetings and forums, PARM reviews, and technical review of TPSs.
- Perform technical execution and planning of FMS software development programs in accordance with DOD and USN policy.
- At least 5 years’ experience with the Aegis Combat System or similar Naval Combat Systems.
- Candidates with FMS experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, System, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering; Math; Physics; Computer Science; or equivalent degree.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to read and comprehend production drawings.
- Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable; connectors and back shells; and system design, integration, and integrity testing.
- Working knowledge / ability with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Office applications.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Ability to be able to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
- Selected candidate must be technically adept, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently as required.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCNUS 25% of the time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.