Location: Crystal City, VA
Type: Full Time Exempt
Description: The Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the U.S. Business Financial Manager and Deputy with the management of POM issues, spares requirements, congressional briefs, budget reclamas, TPS/Seatasks, and OPNAV RFIs, among other related ad-hoc tasking.
- Manage planning and coordination with NSPO technical divisions and Front Office for POM issue development.
- Work with technical stakeholders to determine spares requirements. Input requirements into PARTS Database. Develop brief and submit documents required for WPN-6 BAM Review. Attend BAM Brief and track follow-on action items. Develop spend plans to procure spares requirements within FY budget controls and assist with tracking related contracting actions. Manage ongoing communications with IWS CFO Office and NAVSEA06 to relay funding plans and ensure WPN-6 availability.
- Collect financial input from technical divisions to draft POM, BER, and congressional briefs. Facilitate pre-briefs with Front Office. Finalize briefs in preparation for Navy leadership and congressional brief meetings. BER, POM, and congressional briefs maintained on Front Office “U.S. Recurring Briefs” WayPoint site.
- Develop congressional mark and under-execution issue appeals. Facilitate uploading of appeals into PBIS WeBAD and Issues site.
- Assist with Seatask development and funding planning for field activity work, as needed. Assist with U.S. Sole Seatask change packages, as needed.
- Act as a liaison for ongoing communications between program office and OPNAV N96 sponsor. Help respond to urgent tasker requests or connect with appropriate technical POC.
- Work with U.S. BFM to input yearly TPSs into NEPS.
- Work with U.S. BFM to review and update budgets as needed.
- Coordinate with PHD to answer OPNAV inventory and recertification funding questions related to OMN and WPN-6 funding.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in DOD PPBE, preferably within NAVSEA.
- Proven ability to liaise between BFMs and the technical/resource sponsor community.
- Experience with the following Navy financial systems/databases preferred: Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (Navy ERP), Program Budget Information System (PBIS), NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS), and ASNRDA Information System (RDAIS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently as required.
- Ability to perform frequent internal and external customer interface including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred.
- Must have an active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to travel reasonable distances (up to ½ mile one way) to meet with customers or other company personnel in the execution of job functions.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds in a backpack or messenger bag in order to carry a lap top, notebooks, papers, binders and other tools and equipment required in the execution of job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMB where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.